I love hummus. My husband loves olives. This is our hummus child.
We are chickpea fanatics in this household, and what better way to eat chickpeas than as hummus? Made healthy by using minimal amounts of oil, this snack is creamy, smooth and has just the right amount of olive.
- Author: Kaitlyn Cashmere
- Recipe Type: Grains + Beans, Snacks, Vegan, Gluten Free
- Serves: 2-6 (depends on how much you love hummus!)
- 1 (15 oz.) Can Chickpeas- Rinsed, Drained
- 1/4 Heaping Cup Pitted Green Olives
- 1 Tablespoon Tahini (Unsalted)
- 1 Tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil*
- 1/2 Large Lemon Juiced
- 1/2 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/2 Sea Salt
- 1/4 -1/2 Water **
- Smoked Paprika to Garnish
* For an oil free version, omit the oil and add more water to thin.
** Start with 1/4 cup water for both oil and oil free versions and then slowly add more water if needed.
- Add all ingredients (except water) to a food processor.
- Blend at a medium to high speed until ingredients are smooth.
- Slowly add water, blend on a low speed until desired consistency is reached.
Serve immediately or store in the fridge, in an airtight container. Consume within 3-4 days.
Prep Time: 5 Min. Total Time: 5 Min.