Have you ever wished for one of those dishes: the one that you could make in no time, and eat all week without getting bored of it? Your wish had been granted! I can’t get enough of this protein packed salad. Did I mention the guilt free creamy dressing?
- Eat the salad on its own.
- Add to a salad of mixed greens and extra raw vegetables
- Use as a filling to a wrap or lettuce leaves
The possibilities are endless…
Chickpea Bulgur Salad
- Author: Kaitlyn Cashmere
- Recipe Type: Grains + Beans, Vegan, Oil-Free
- Inspired by a salad from our local co-op, Common Market Food Coop
- Serves: 4-6
- 1 Cup Uncooked Bulgur *
- 1 (15 oz.) Can Chickpeas- Rinsed, Drained
- 2 Medium Stalks Celery, diced
- 2 Medium Carrots, Shredded
- 1/2 Cup Green Onion, Chopped
- 1/3 Cup Fresh Parsley, Chopped
- 2 Tablespoons Tahini
- 4 Tablespoons Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 Teaspoons Maple Syrup
- Juice of 1 Medium Lemon
- 4 Teaspoons Tamari
- 2 Cloves Garlic, Minced
- Salt + Pepper to taste
* Bulgur: Use Quinoa instead to make the dish Gluten Free
- Cook bulgur (or quinoa if using) according to package directions.
- Meanwhile: wash, dice, shred & chop vegetables.
- Rinse & drain chickpeas.
- Add celery, carrots, green onion, parsley & chickpeas to a medium sized bowl.
- Add all dressing ingredients to a separate small bowl, whisk to combine & set aside.
- Once bulgur (or quinoa) has finished cooking & has cooled slightly, add your grain to the bowl of chickpeas & vegetables.
- Pour prepared dressing over & toss to mix.
- Serve immediately or let flavors meld together at room temperature for 30 minutes.
Best served cold or room temperature. Store in the refrigerator in an airtight container. Consume within 3-4 days.
Prep Time: 10 Min. Cook Time: 20 Min. Total Time: 30 Min