It’s Monday morning, you've hit the snooze button way too many times, and you are rushing around more than usual…what to do about breakfast? Breakfast is such an important meal; it starts fueling you for your day, giving you that energy your Monday-morning-self needs. This Chia and Peach Green Smoothie is convenient, energizing and perfect for on the go.
Chia + Peach Green Smoothie
- Author: Kaitlyn Cashmere
- Recipe Type: Breakfast, Vegan, Gluten Free
- Serves: 32 ounces (1 Large or 2 Small Smoothies)
- 2 Large Peaches- Sliced (or 2 Cups Frozen)
- 1 Banana- Frozen- Sliced
- 2 Tablespoons Chia Seeds
- 1 Handful Baby Spinach
- 2 Leaves Swiss Chard – Bottom Stem Removed
- 1 Cup Unsweetened Plant Milk *
- 1 – 1.5 Cups Water **
- .25 Teaspoon Vanilla Bean Powder: Or .5 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- .5 Teaspoon- 1 Tablespoon Barley Grass Juice Powder (Optional)
*Unsweetened Plant Milk: Almond, Soy, Cashew, Coconut, Flax, Hemp, Rice and Oat
** Water: Add less for a thicker smoothie and more for a thinner smoothie. I prefer my smoothies with a thinner consistency, my recipes will reflect that.
- Add all ingredients to a high-powered blender. Blend until smooth.
Quality of the smoothie degrades after the first day, best if enjoyed same day.
Prep Time: 5 Min. Total Time: 5 Min