Searching for a quick and easy smoothie-free breakfast?
This Chia Flax Pudding fits that bill. With only 5 minutes of prep work, simply mix the ingredients together and place in the fridge overnight. The next morning your breakfast is already waiting for you!
Chia seeds are an excellent source of plant-based protein; compete with calcium, iron, vitamin C and essential minerals. I prefer to add fresh fruit to my Chia Pudding, and I love adding leftovers to a smoothie.
Chia Flax Pudding
- Author: Kaitlyn Cashmere
- Recipe Type: Breakfast, Vegan, Gluten Free
- Serves: 2
- 1 1/4 Cup Plant Milk *
- 4 Tablespoons Chia Seeds
- 1 Tablespoon Ground Flax Seed
- 1 Tablespoon Maple Syrup
- 1/4 Teaspoon Vanilla Bean Powder or 1/2 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1/8 Teaspoon Cardamom **
*Unsweetened Plant Milk: Almond, Soy, Cashew, Coconut, Flax, Hemp, Rice and Oat
** Cardamom: Cinnamon can be substituted
- Add all ingredients to a class jar (with lid), whisk to combine and seal with the lid.
- Place in the refrigerator for a minimum of 8 hours, or overnight.
Lasts 2 days in the fridge, once prepared.
Prep Time: 5 Min + 8 Hours. Total Time: 8 Hours, 5 Min